Friday, January 20, 2012

One upping the mums

I have mixed feelings about Facebook.  I am addicted to it, but I don't want to be.  I get a lot of good information out of Facebook....such as.... umm.....umm... Oh yeah. I find out about other good websites for recipes or crafts or I find out things that are going on in the city or even in my neighbourhood and I find out who is fighting with whom....oh wait, thats not that good.  I find out what naughty things my teenage nieces and nephews are up to and judge them accordingly.  Stupid teens - good job I was never a teen.  
Best thing I have learnt on facebook is how to fold those tricky fitted sheets.  Thank god.
But the bad stuff is I feel inadequate as I read about mums who seem to be the most wonderful well rounded parent.  
They walk their kids to school in -40 weather and love it while I sit at home with my kids cause I didn't want to venture out in the cold so I let them miss school.   Hey, I have a 2 year old that freaks out when I put boots and snow pants on him,  and do I really want to go through all that agony just for a five second walk into the school and then out of the school.  The older kids are only in kindergarten and grade one so its not like they are going to be missing a whole lot.....I hope.
I have one mum in particular that annoys me.  She seems to do it all right.  Here perfect breakfast on a weekend is so healthy it makes me sick
And she serves it to her children on a plate like this.  My kids get pancakes, bacon and eggs and thats if they are lucky and maybe once a month and its sure as hell not served on a tray.
She walks her dog religiously.  My dog is overly obese for a reason.  
She takes her kids out ice skating on an outdoor pond that her and her friends shovel the snow off.   I  listen to my oldest son whine at me cause we never do anything fun.   
She had friends that come to her door with fresh coffee that they made themselves just because on Facebook she said she craved a coffee.
The whole problem with this is that she posts these pictures by the hour on Facebook using Instagram, which makes the experiences look even more cooler.  
I have never felt so inadequate in all my life.   I wish I could say she is the only culprit of making me feel this way but SHE IS NOT. 

There is also the 30 something mother of two (which of who are both 5 and under) who is going on and on about Pretirement in your 30's.   WHAT???!!! Oh I am supposed to come up with some business idea and start my own company and travel the world with my children and spouse and work while I do it.   What is it that they preach? 
"Pretirement is creating a movement of entrepreneurs claiming their right to be great parents and great business people - on their terms. " 
Good for fucking you.  Thanks once again for making me inadequate because I am not an entrepreneur and I cant travel all over the world and make a living.   Im not living the perfect life.


So now I find myself looking for an idea of a business I can start and trying to figure out what I love and am good at.   So far I come up with nothing.  Im good at eating chocolate and candy.  Im good at yelling at my kids because they never listen to me. Im extremely good at watching tv. 


Im not a good DIY'er.  Im not a good baker and I can barely make supper.  I hate cleaning, which is the understatement of the year.  
Today I made home made playdough and a full fry up breakfast for my kids.....and thats where it ended. So am I an awful horrible mum cause I dont do all the stuff that they other mums do - or am I the norm?

No comments:

Post a Comment